After our discussions on being busy and focusing on what is important – I came across this:
1. I don’t have time to waste on things that don’t matter….I have plenty of time for the things that count.
2. I don’t have time to get moody, self-centered, and irritable….I do have time to love my wife and children.
3. I don’t have time to wallow in the past at what might have been….I do have time to focus on what God wants to do in my life today.
4. I don’t have time to play self-importance games (Whom do you know? What kind of house do you live in? What have your kids accomplished? What are you driving?)….I do have time to build up others and forget myself.
5. I don’t have time to coddle worldly, immature Christians whose idea of church is getting their way….I have plenty of time to love fellow Christians who may express a variety of opinions.
6. I don’t have time to be a peacemonger (doing whatever it takes to keep others from getting upset)….I do have time to be a peacemaker (loving people no matter what).
7. I don’t have time to play it safe. My life will soon be over….I do have time to risk. I can trust God who has promised to never leave me or forsake me.
8. I don’t have time to whine and blame others for being obstacles….I do have time to take responsibility for my own actions and behavior.
9. I don’t have time to complain and focus on the negative….I do have time to speak a word of hope to people who are overwhelmed by heartache.
10. I don’t have time to settle for the mediocre….I do have time to be passionate about what matters most to God.